Knickerbocker Group often has job openings in the architecture, interior design, woodworking, carpentry, and construction management divisions. If you’d like to work in a collaborative and rewarding environment, please send us your letter of interest and résumé. We will be in touch!
Job Openings at Knickerbocker Group
Full-Time | Estimated Start: Immediate | Boothbay Office
Knickerbocker Group is an employee owned, award-winning design-build firm offering comprehensive architecture, design, and construction services for custom homes and commercial spaces throughout Maine. With offices in Boothbay and Portland, we are a group of inspired collaborators who contribute their diverse talents to the construction process. For the past three decades, we have been dedicated to bringing great care, detail and excitement to every aspect of our projects. Knickerbocker Group is seeking a creative and passionate individual to join our team in our Boothbay office as a full-time Revit/Autocad Technician.
Job responsibilities include:
- Assisting project architects & lead designers on architectural projects to ensure that construction is in accordance with design specifications
- Translating sketch ideas into CADD
- Preparing technical, detailed architectural drawings for construction projects based on building specifications, calculations and sketches
- Visiting construction sites to collect measurements and dimensions as needed
- Producing and presenting materials and CADD documents
- Converting hand drawn markups (redlines) into CADD
The ideal candidate should:
- Work well independently or within a team environment
- Follow both written and verbal instructions well
- Be both a strong written and verbal communicator
- Possess excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Work well under a deadline
- Have a strong attention to detail
- Be open to constructive feedback
- Be interested in construction and design
Required education, experience and technical knowledge:
- Degree in Architecture, Interior Design or Drafting required
- Minimum 2+ years of experience in Architecture, Interior Design or equivalent required
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite required
- AutoCAD proficiency required
- Revit proficiency required
- Sketch Up proficiency strongly preferred
- Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Familiarity with Lumion 8.0 a plus
- Experience in construction a plus
Knickerbocker Group offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical/dental insurance and 401(K) plan. If you are interested in working in a fun, supportive environment with excellent opportunity for professional development, please send resume, work samples and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Full-Time | Estimated Start: Immediate | Greater Portland and/or Boothbay Region
Knickerbocker Group is an employee owned, award-winning design-build firm offering comprehensive architecture, design, and construction services for custom homes and commercial spaces throughout Maine. With offices in Boothbay and Portland, we are a group of inspired collaborators who contribute their diverse talents to the construction process. For the past three decades, we have been dedicated to bringing great care, detail and excitement to every aspect of our projects. Knickerbocker Group is seeking an experience, hard-working individual to join our team as a full-time Residential Superintendent. This person maintains direct daily contact with subcontractors, vendors, clients, and Knickerbocker Group staff.
Minimum job requirements
- Minimum 5 years supervisory experience in high-end residential construction
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook required; knowledge of Microsoft Project preferred
- Competent in interpreting construction drawings/ sketches/ shop drawings/ specifications/ product data
- Valid driver’s license
- Construction safety training – OSHA 10 hour
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain complete knowledge of all contract documents, subcontractor documents, drawings and specifications, shop drawings, schedules, and local codes. Provide documentation of field variations from contract documents and maintain on-the-job documentation to reflect these variations.
- Hold regular coordination meetings to ensure that Subcontractors understand job schedules. Review manpower requirements and follow up for timely delivery of materials and work in place performance.
- Coordinate work among various trades. Communicate six week look ahead schedules of work to associated trades. Ensure site cleanliness and organization is maintained.
- Supervise and direct the work of the KG self-performing crew(s). Monitors production of all trades.
- Proactively manage the quality of the installation(s) of all details and products.
- Actively monitor the performance of work to assure good quality control, and make certain that work, as installed, conforms with all plans, specifications, and KG standards. Identify and communicate any/all deficient work to the appropriate parties.
- Ensure Subcontractor compliance with safety codes and regulations. Enforce the overall safety program.
- Ability to perform basic carpentry tasks or job specific operations as needed.
- Prepare daily reports, photos, and time cards as required.
- Perform material quantity calculations and/or project specific cost and schedule estimates in support of Project Manager as required.
- Professional interaction with clients/customers on a daily/weekly basis- reviewing project progress, site specific details.
- Proactive and collaborative interaction with KG staff members and vendors.
- Cultivate and monitor vendor/subcontractor relationships so that project capacity(s) and quality workmanship can be maintained.
- Profit & Loss responsibility as to cost control, budget awareness, labor productivity.
- Perform detailed procurement of goods and services in conjunction with the Project Manager.
- Provide oral and written communications to KG management and/or clientele regarding schedule and weekly client reports.
Health, Dental, 401k, Life and Disability Insurance, ESOP, PTO
If you are interested applying, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.